It’s our 18th birthday in September. And it does feel like a coming of age as we enter 2017 with the confidence of our experience and the humility to keep learning. We have always believed that our specialism is our strength, allowing us to invest in getting to know our destinations ever better. By doing so, we are able to create genuinely different, properly tailored holidays.
The pride we take in getting it right is what motivates us as a team. It is with pride therefore that we share not only the cumulative experience of the past 18 years but also highlight a few things which are on our horizon this year:
- With British Airways direct flights to both Santiago and Buenos Aires, Patagonia is opening up to visitors ever more. Our unparalleled knowledge of the lesser-known areas such as the Carretera Austral and Fitz Roy, as well as the more famous highlights of Torres del Paine and Calafate, should be in more demand than ever.
- Also with new, non-stop flights from London, Costa Rica continues to grow in popularity and we continue to innovate away from the more obvious areas. Our latest is a route from vibrant Cahuita on the Caribbean to the wildlife-rich Pacific rainforests. We’ve unearthed several beautiful new lodges opening in 2017: ask us for details.
- In Peru we still manage to delight with our crowd-free Inca Trail and unique take on both Lake Titicaca and the Colca Canyon. This year we will be opening up the beautiful north of the country with its barely visited yet quite magnificent sites.
- Up in Ecuador, our new and exclusive land-based Galápagos trips are perfect for multi-generational family holidays, or anyone looking for a more active and flexible yet responsible way to explore the islands. On the water, there are an increasing number of very comfortable small boat options.
- Back in Europe, in the Spanish Pyrenees, we have recently created a wonderfully varied family ‘snow week’ based around cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and even dog-sledding.
Wishing you a peaceful, healthy and happy 2017.
Thomas and the team